Tracy Frankel concentrates her work in the areas of appellate practice and complex motions. She has successfully argued as an attorney for appellants and respondents in numerous cases in various appellate departments in the State of New York and in New Jersey. Besides researching, drafting briefs, and arguing complex motions and appeals, Tracy advises insurance companies, law firms and private clients on possible appellate issues that may develop during the course of litigation from a case’s inception through trial. She also provides advice on legal strategy and legal writing. In addition to helping clients navigate when and if they should appeal, performing comprehensive legal research and analysis, drafting effective appellate briefs, and providing persuasive oral arguments, Tracy offers clients creative strategies throughout the litigation process, based upon the appellate landscape.
Tracy’s significant knowledge of appellate practice and the appellate courts, coupled with her litigation experience in areas including Labor Law and Construction, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Property Damage, Insurance Coverage, Premises Liability, Defamation, Construction Claims, Professional and Medical Malpractice, allows her to offer clients strategic services before a Notice of Appeal is ever filed and, of course, once an appeal is taken.
Tracy has been named a New York Metro Super Lawyer for her work in appellate practice every year since 2015. In 2016, Tracy was named, by Hofstra School of Law’s Center for Children, Families and the Law, as one of Long Island’s Outstanding Women in the Law.
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (1999)
- B.A., University of Michigan (1996)
- State Courts of New York
- State Courts of New Jersey
- State Courts of North Carolina
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Memberships and Affiliations
- Fellow of The Litigation Counsel of America
- Member of Nassau County Bar Association
- Member of Theodore Roosevelt American Inn of Court
- President of the Board of Education for the Syosset Central School District, having served on the Board of Education since 2013